February 6, 2013

Kale Chips

On Monday, I went over to a friend's house for lunch. It's always a treat when she makes me lunch because without a doubt, she always introduces me to new foods. She is a very healthy eater and grocery shops organic and fresh. And get this...she doesn't keep sugar in her house. Did you get that? Do you even understand what I just said? Because I don't. She doesn't have SUGAR in her house!! WHAT?! She bakes with real maple syrup. Have you ever tried baking without sugar?

Anyways, this new food she introduced me to is Kale chips. When she opened the oven for me to see what she was making, I immediately thought, "Hmmm. Interesting, not convinced I will like those, but I'll try it!"  I was a little skeptical, which I'm not sure why because I always love everything she cooks. I took one bite and was obsessed. I immediately went to the grocery store and cooked some Monday night. And Tuesday. And I'll probably make them today. The texture is amazing.

This is what Kale looks like:


You break the leafy ends from the stem and lay them across a pan:


Spray EVOO all over and sprinkle salt. Bake at 200 for 1 hour. They should be crunchy and delectable. Have you ever tried a Kale chip?? If not, you really should!



No comments:

Post a Comment