This Mother's Day, of course we attempted a picture. I believe our picture captures the true essence of motherhood. It's not all rainbows and butterflies. In fact, my two year old is having a tantrum in the picture. I'd say that's as about as real as it gets. Well, I guess it would be even more real if my hair was pulled back, and I was in a pair of running leggings and tshirt. But we were on our way to church- my only excuse to look semi-decent :).
I woke up this Mothers Day to fresh flowers and a breakfast of eggs, grits, toast, and bacon (my favorite, duh). We went off to church and then went to out to lunch! No cooking for me on this day! We had a hard time deciding where to eat, now that our life includes a wiggly two-year old. I ended up choosing a japanese place, the one's where they cook in front of you. Mainly because I thought Addie would entertained and would sit there.
Well. She did sit there. But she WAS SCARED. And started crying. So our chef didn't do anything fancy. I felt bad for the people sharing our table, but oh well!
The rest of the day was filled with hanging at home and resting. It was nice :)

No comments:
Post a Comment