June 13, 2015

Addie Update- Almost 3

My girl is almost 3! What?!

Here are a few things I want to remember about this time in her life. 

A couple of weeks ago she potty trained. We did it in 1 day. Really. The trick? 
-don't do it too early

I was dreading the potty, because honestly, it is so much easier to change a diaper. It didn't bother me. It isn't an inconvenience (besides buying the diapers). But a two year old who needs to go to the bathroom while you are in the back of Target and the bathrooms are at the front of the store?? Ugh. Just go in your diaper, please. Especially since I'm juggling two kids now. 

Well, I knew she couldn't be in a diaper forever. So one Saturday morning, we had a conversation. 
" Addie, no more diapers. Here are your panties."

Cue crying and tantrum for the next 3 hours. She begged for her diaper. BEGGED. But we said, nope. No more diaper. She had 1 accident that day. The very first time she had to "go," she started peeing in her panties and Eric ran her to her training potty that we put outside (haha) and she got a tiny drop in the potty. 

SO WE CELEBRATED!! 

And there is the story of her training success. In the past few weeks, she has had an accident maybe 4 or 5 times. It is rare. And she can go by herself. That is amazing. 

She has yet to #2 in the potty yet, and after I have discussed this with a few moms, I realized this is common. She gets a diaper twice a day. Nap time and bedtime. Because I am not waking up in the middle of the night to change sheets. She waits until nap time to go #2. If she really has to go, she will ask to go take a nap, because she knows she gets a diaper. Haha! Smart girl. 

This past year her language has really taken off. It's so fun to carry on conversations with her and be able to communicate. Here are a few Addie"isms" I want to remember:
Basnana-her BFF, Savannah
Tank tou- thank you
Moo me- excuse me
Yoyurt- yogurt
Dapes-grapes
Peetsys-feet
Banket-blanket
Hungey- hungry

A few of her favorite things:
Mickey Mouse
Her baby
Our chickens
Playing mommy
Singing
Coloring
Bubbles
Watering the garden
Going to the Y

A few of her common phrases:
I need my _____ (daddy, mommy, Stockton or whoever)
Watch me mommy
Ooo moo me (when she burps/toots)
I heared it (when she goes potty)
Pat pat pat (when she wipes hahaha)
I want to see my baby chicks
I want to wat nene darden (water the garden)
I need help
I want to doe (go) outside
Addie help
I huuungey - I'm hungry






No comments:

Post a Comment